Everyone of us loves to spend time in the outdoor when it is safely protected from sunlight, wind and rain. An open deck area, when covered, becomes a better living place for you. A covered deck is highly enjoyable when you sit with a cup of coffee or while reading a book alone or enjoying your time with a group of friends. A well planned, warm and spacious covered deck offers an extra place in your home to enjoy.
The main advantage of a covered deck is that it takes care of the outdoors of your home and protects it against all climatic changes. Covered deck adds more space to your home and it can be used as a place for multi-purpose usage by every family member. Depending on the size and the area of the outdoor, different options are available for designing the covered decks for homes. Customized options help you in making the use of open space around your home and using it purposefully which can become more convenient.
Why to build covered decks?
The main reasons why you have to cover the open decks around your home are:
- A covered deck helps you to enjoy nature, because it is not closed from all sides and you can enjoy the fresh air and cool wind during hot summers.
- A covered deck offers perfect protection from heavy rains or snowfall which damages the open deck and also from it keeps you away from the hot sun rays.
Types of Covered Decks
The most popular types of covered decks are:
1. Two-levels: This deck is built having an upper and lower level of protective coverings.
2. Gazebos : It is a stand alone remote structure and can be extended from wall to wall.
3. Porches: These covered decks are open in the front and are temporarily closed at back.